Is pop music dead? In a recording sense maybe, but definitely not at the live gate. Pop star Pink might be more near the twilight of her pop career, but she is still raking in the big bucks, recently grossing over $80 million on the Australian and New Zealand leg of her world tour alone.
It seems that she is still a massive across the world as legions of fans have come out to support her most recent tour on the continent.
Pop Star Pink is Massive Down Under
Did you know that pop star Pink is now the second highest grossing musical artist in Australia and New Zealand? She is second only to the Rolling Stones in terms of career gross earnings.
The Aussie/New Zealand leg of her ‘Beautiful Trauma World Tour’ saw the pinkish vocalist sell a ginormous 559,361 tickers. According to stats published by Billboard, the recent Pink tour in Aus and NZ grossed in the region of $80 million.
This is her biggest tour of the region up to date, even surpassing the figures at the height of her career in the late 2000s. Her 2013 tour, The Trust About Love Tour, grossed upwards of $73 million.
Over the course of her career, pop star Pink has performed approximately 180 shows in Australia and New Zealand since first playing in the region back in 2004.
Massive Career Earnings in Australia
Some of Pink’s most popular songs include her first hit single ‘There You Go’ back in 2000 and other favorites such as ‘Stupid Girl’, ‘Who Knew’, ‘Just Give Me a Reason’, ‘Leave Me Alone’ and a myriad of other hit singles and albums.
Pink is now the second highest selling musical artist in Australia and New Zealand, with a career gross of $228 million, which is staggering. She is second only to the Rolling Stones who have grossed a total of $429.8 million.
The fact that she is a higher grossing star than The Beatles, ABBA and even Michael Jackson should put things into perspective for you.
Pop star Pink finished up on the last day of her 42-date tour of Australia and New Zealand in September, but the stats have only just come to light. She is still currently in the middle of her world tour with a further 60 dates left across the UK, US, Europe, Canada, and South America, which will not finish until mid-way through 2019.
Featured image from Shutterstock.
MoneyMakers is a part of:
- Madonna Posts Another Insane ‘Inspirational’ Video – Twitter Says ‘Pass’
- Rosie Perez’s Appearance at Governor Cuomo’s Briefing Is a True NY Move
- Rhianna ‘Embarrassed’ by Travis Scott – What’s That Say About Kylie Jenner?
- The PS5 Is in Serious Trouble If It Doesn’t Copy This New Xbox Feature
- Ellen DeGeneres Should Absolutely Be Sacked – Here’s Who Should Replace Her
- The Dow Won’t Stop Rallying Because Wall Street Is Impervious to Pain
- This Billionaire Just Gave up on Warren Buffett (And Maybe We Should Too)
- Unemployment Is Shrinking But More Pain Is Coming
- Xbox Just Unveiled a Major Series X Surprise – And Trust Us, It’s Epic
- The Stauffer Scandal Exposes Everything Wrong with Influencer Culture
- Wait, Did the U.S. Housing Market Really Just Hit Rock Bottom?
- Smart Money Hasn’t Been This Bearish on the Stock Market Since Obama Was President
- The White House Has a Plan to Revive the Economy: Don’t Talk About it
- Donald Trump’s Threats Make Twitter Stock a Buy
- You’ll Never Guess Who’s Paying Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Bills
- Will China’s ‘Nuclear Option’ Blow Up the Dow Jones Rally?
- Blame Strict Sony Executives for Frustrating PS5 Event Delays
- Manchild Scott Disick & Sofia Richie Split – And I’m Glad It’s Finally Over
- 3 Gloomy Metrics Threatening an Abrupt End to the Stock Market Rally
- Sega Prepares Console Comeback, And They’re About to Get Wrecked