47-year old actor David Arquette was left with a bloodied nose on Friday night as he completed his return to wrestling, TMZ reports. The event which was organized by Game Changer Wrestling at LA Confidential was aired at Fite TV on a pay-per-view basis.
Arquette, who was the star of popular horror movies such as Scream and The Tripper, competed in a promotional wrestling Deathmatch, notorious for allowing makeshift weapons, in Los Angeles against the professional wrestler and ex-convict Nick FN Gage.
Arquette, who wasn’t the first choice for the matchup, but was replacing an injured Joey Ryan, ran out of the ring at one point, after Gage had smashed light tubes over his head and sliced his neck with shards of glass.
The ex-convict also put Arquette through a door that had a spear inserted on its corners, hitting the actor’s head. It wasn’t all Gage, though, as Arquette had his moments in the match, particularly when he smashed a cannonball on Gage, after taking a beating from the light tubes used to restrict his movement.
Gage won the Deathmatch by pinning Arquette, a former World Wrestling Champion, who at that point, was more concerned with the bleeding than winning the match. Arquette, who had told Fox News, he was staging a comeback into professional wrestling in September had stated at the time:
“I literally feel like I’m Rocky, I mean like I’m in the gym sweating like crazy going to the gym every day for hours, you know, getting it, so I don’t get winded so easily and putting on muscle losing a bunch of weight, so it’s all about training, it’s all about determination, it’s all about, you know, believing in yourself.”
Visibly shaken, as the blood ran through his face, Arquette ran out of the ring the second Gage was declared the winner of the matchup. He later sent out a series of tweets explaining that he was getting the necessary treatments, adding:
“Turns out Death Matches aren’t my thing.”
Turns out Death Matches aren’t my thing
— David Arquette (@DavidArquette) November 17, 2018
Featured image from Fox News.
MoneyMakers is a part of:
- Madonna Posts Another Insane ‘Inspirational’ Video – Twitter Says ‘Pass’
- Rosie Perez’s Appearance at Governor Cuomo’s Briefing Is a True NY Move
- Rhianna ‘Embarrassed’ by Travis Scott – What’s That Say About Kylie Jenner?
- The PS5 Is in Serious Trouble If It Doesn’t Copy This New Xbox Feature
- Ellen DeGeneres Should Absolutely Be Sacked – Here’s Who Should Replace Her
- The Dow Won’t Stop Rallying Because Wall Street Is Impervious to Pain
- This Billionaire Just Gave up on Warren Buffett (And Maybe We Should Too)
- Unemployment Is Shrinking But More Pain Is Coming
- Xbox Just Unveiled a Major Series X Surprise – And Trust Us, It’s Epic
- The Stauffer Scandal Exposes Everything Wrong with Influencer Culture
- Wait, Did the U.S. Housing Market Really Just Hit Rock Bottom?
- Smart Money Hasn’t Been This Bearish on the Stock Market Since Obama Was President
- The White House Has a Plan to Revive the Economy: Don’t Talk About it
- Donald Trump’s Threats Make Twitter Stock a Buy
- You’ll Never Guess Who’s Paying Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Bills
- Will China’s ‘Nuclear Option’ Blow Up the Dow Jones Rally?
- Blame Strict Sony Executives for Frustrating PS5 Event Delays
- Manchild Scott Disick & Sofia Richie Split – And I’m Glad It’s Finally Over
- 3 Gloomy Metrics Threatening an Abrupt End to the Stock Market Rally
- Sega Prepares Console Comeback, And They’re About to Get Wrecked