Snoop Dogg is not just a rapper. He’s an institution. The former LA gang member and weed dealer will be honored on November 19 with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The world-famous rapper, stoner, actor, philanthropist, television host, and all-around decent dude Calvin Broadus, more affectionately known as Snoop Doggy Dogg, will receive his accolade on the ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Show.
From the Bottom to the Top
Whenever someone with a nefarious past from one of the roughest parts of America makes it big, it’s always something to celebrate. Since the early 1990s, Snoop Dogg has risen from the Long Beach Crips gang in Los Angeles to a net worth believed to be in the region of $135 million.
From his multi-million selling albums such as the seminal and immensely important Doggystyle to his adult movie productions, his award-winning cooking program with Martha Stewart and his myriad of business interests, Snoop has overachieved in magnificent fashion.
Who would’ve thought that Snoop could have endeared himself to white America so successfully over the past two decades with a spliff in his pimp hand and gun talk in his raps?
Snoop Dogg Can Do Everything
Since 1993, Snoop has released 17 albums in his career that have sold a total of 35 million copies across the planet and received almost 20 Grammy Award nominations. It is only fair that he now has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The producer of Hollywood Walk of Fame, Ana Martinez had some very kind words to say about the rapper and his mass appeal across mainstream America:
“Snoop Dogg is one of those people who can do anything. He raps, he acts, he hosts a television show, he cooks, and helps community kids with his philanthropic work. He is a man of the ages and we welcome him to our Hollywood Walk of Fame.”
It’s safe to say that Snoop Dogg has earned his place on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, making something out of nothing, from the ghetto to glamorous. We wish him many more lucrative years making money and making people smile.
Featured image from Wikipedia.
MoneyMakers is a part of:
- The Rich Are Getting Richer Thanks to the Fed’s Stock Market Pseudo-Intervention
- Trump’s Coronavirus Stimulus Checks are Failing Where it Matters Most
- The Agony and the Ecstasy of Betting Big on Elon Musk
- The PlayStation 5 Faces a Titanic Threat – But It’s Not What You Think
- Meghan Markle Has an Evil Money Agenda – That’s Why She Failed as a Royal
- Meghan Markle Or Kate Middleton? Australians Say ‘Neither’
- Alyssa Milano’s Face Mask Is Her Crown as Queen of a Wildly Stupid Weekend
- Bank of America Is Wrong: We’ve All Become Preppers Now
- Hilary Duff Is Being Accused Of Child Molestation – Enough Is Enough
- Elon Musk to Start Couch Surfing – Grimes Is a Hero for Keeping Him Around
- Facebook & Twitter Want You to Permanently Work Remotely for Selfish Reasons
- Eminem’s Daughter Hailie Mathers Shows Us How to Be a Real Celebrity Child
- Hana Kimura’s Death Proves the WWE Isn’t The Only Problematic Wrestling Company
- Jamie Dimon ‘Fights’ Inequality as JPMorgan Begs for the QE That Caused It
- Khloe Kardashian’s Great New Look Doesn’t Fix Her Terrible Attitude
- Blame This Kid for the Irritating Grind of Assassin’s Creed Side Missions
- 3 Deceptive Reasons the U.S. Housing Market Suddenly Looks Red-Hot
- Think Ellen DeGeneres Is Shady? Dr. Phil Might Be Even Worse
- How Kate Middleton & Sophie Wessex Are Turning Meghan Markle Into an Afterthought
- Predatory Club Penguin Clones Should Remain Dead – Until a Disney Reboot