The genius of entrepreneurial thinking is to give people a product that they never knew they needed. PopSockets CEO David Barnett has become a master at this and was recently given an entrepreneur of the year award by Ernst & Young Global Limited for his contribution to consumer products in the retail category.
The founder, inventor, and CEO of the Boulder-based phone accessory firm PopSockets has gone from philosophy professor to entrepreneur for creating products that have garnered much success over the past few years.
Award-Winning PopSockets Products
PopSockets has become a major player in the phone accessory industry for their collapsible attachments that can be used as grips, stands, and a cord wrap. Since the company’s founder and CEO David Barnett first launched the company and products back in 2014, they have seen massive growth of over 800%.
This week David Barnett received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award in the consumer products and retail category. The award is geared toward recognizing those who create products that have an impact on global economic engines.
The success of the PopSockets products over the past few years has been truly remarkable. The products have become phenomenally popular. David Barnett routinely gives a percentage of his profits to charitable causes such as charities that deal with arthritis, ALS and Parkinson’s disease.
David Barnett Goes from Philosopher to Inventor
PopSockets CEO David Barnett was initially a philosophy professor at the University of Colorado where he originally started work on PopSockets ideas.
How did the investor and entrepreneur go from philosophy to inventing accessories for phones? David Barnett told Ernest & Young that:
“Philosophy is just clear thinking. It’s that same drive to figure out how things work. To grasp the fundamental building blocks of the universe.”
That’s quite a philosophical answer! What did you expect?
The irony is that Barnett also told Ernest & Young that he is not really much of a tech geek and doesn’t ever feel the need to buy the latest phone or tech gadgets.
His initial plan was to create a good company and sell it for a vast profit, however, his success has encouraged him to stick with the products and develop them even more. PopSockets CEO David Barnett might not be your archetypal entrepreneur, but he is now an award-winning one.
Featured image from GameAxis.
MoneyMakers is a part of:
- Sorry Trump, But Elon Musk’s the One Making NASA Great Again
- You Need to Drop the Faux Kathy Griffin Outrage
- The Seismic Stock Market Threat No One Is Talking About
- There’s a Big PS5 Event Coming – But Brace for a Classic Sony Letdown
- Elon Musk Is a Tech Bro Hero – Can He Woo Blue-Collar America Next?
- This Is Why the Stock Market Just Suddenly Lurched Lower
- Amazon’s Big-Budget Videogame ‘Crucible’ is a Giant Stinking Flop
- This Crucial Housing Market Stat Has Surged 54% in Six Weeks
- Mark Zuckerberg Leaps Warren Buffett on Rich List as Facebook Creates More Divisive World
- 38 Next-Gen PS5 Games are Finally Revealed – Here are Our 5 Favorites
- The Dow Jones Is Booming – And This Time, the Rally Is for Real
- Gold Price Falls to 2-Week Low Because Global Lockdowns are Easing
- Amazon’s Colossal Pandemic Spending Isn’t What You Think Is
- Bizarre Stock Market Rally Leaves Wall Street’s Best Billionaires Dumbfounded
- The Walking Fed Creates Zombie Horde
- Trump’s 2020 Bid Could Be Threatened by the Most Unlikely Source – Facts
- You Can Almost Pre-Order the Xbox Series X, But Where’s The Price?
- Ellen Degeneres Was Exposed & Her Attempts to Look Nice Are Fooling Nobody
- Stop Blaming Kate Middleton’s Problems on Meghan Markle
- This Is the Housing Market Stat Bulls Don’t Want You to See