British inventor billionaire James Dyson between constructing electric cars in Singapore and ensuring the universe has a clean floor is buying up New York penthouses worth $74m. From a dusty floor to penthouse panorama!
The Dyson vacuum cleaner inventor extraordinaire has purchased a stunning and palatial 9,138-square-foot penthouse on 520 Park Avenue in New York for a reported $73.8 million.
James Dyson at the Top of New York
The British inventor revolutionized the world of cleanliness around the turn of the century with his bag-less vacuum cleaners that pretty much took the world by storm. He has become the poster boy of house-cleaners and OCD patients the world over.
The New York Post has reported that the inventor has purchased the Park Avenue penthouse that comes equipped with six-bedrooms. The property has a balcony that is 279-square-feet, which is larger than most people’s studio apartments in the city.
The penthouse enjoys staggering 360-degree views of the city and is situated close to Dyson’s main store in New York on East 60th Street.
Still Pushing the Boundaries of Innovation
The 71-year-old British inventor might be getting towards the twilight years of his life, but he still has the thirst for invention and innovation.
James Dyson is listed on Forbes for having a net worth of $5.3 billion and was even ranked on their rich list in 321st place. But he is not hanging up his Inspector Gadget hat just yet.
MoneyMakers reported in October that the vacuum cleaner aficionado was delving headlong into the construction of electric cars. He even took some flack in the British media because he was a Brexit supporter who has now moved the majority of his electric car manufacturing business to Singapore.
With the electronic car industry now becoming big business, Dyson is looking to challenge the likes of Elon Musk to become a major player over the next few years.
As it stands, James Dyson already has over 12,000 employees across the globe, mainly in the vacuum cleaner and electric car industries. 4,800 of those employees are in the United Kingdom, which shows he is still very much committed to his homeland.
However, with the acquisition of his new $74 million 530 Park Ave. Penthouse, he will probably be spending more time in the Big Apple as opposed to sucking pieces of it from off the floor.
Featured image from the official Dyson website.
MoneyMakers is a part of:
- Madonna Posts Another Insane ‘Inspirational’ Video – Twitter Says ‘Pass’
- Rosie Perez’s Appearance at Governor Cuomo’s Briefing Is a True NY Move
- Rhianna ‘Embarrassed’ by Travis Scott – What’s That Say About Kylie Jenner?
- The PS5 Is in Serious Trouble If It Doesn’t Copy This New Xbox Feature
- Ellen DeGeneres Should Absolutely Be Sacked – Here’s Who Should Replace Her
- The Dow Won’t Stop Rallying Because Wall Street Is Impervious to Pain
- This Billionaire Just Gave up on Warren Buffett (And Maybe We Should Too)
- Unemployment Is Shrinking But More Pain Is Coming
- Xbox Just Unveiled a Major Series X Surprise – And Trust Us, It’s Epic
- The Stauffer Scandal Exposes Everything Wrong with Influencer Culture
- Wait, Did the U.S. Housing Market Really Just Hit Rock Bottom?
- Smart Money Hasn’t Been This Bearish on the Stock Market Since Obama Was President
- The White House Has a Plan to Revive the Economy: Don’t Talk About it
- Donald Trump’s Threats Make Twitter Stock a Buy
- You’ll Never Guess Who’s Paying Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Bills
- Will China’s ‘Nuclear Option’ Blow Up the Dow Jones Rally?
- Blame Strict Sony Executives for Frustrating PS5 Event Delays
- Manchild Scott Disick & Sofia Richie Split – And I’m Glad It’s Finally Over
- 3 Gloomy Metrics Threatening an Abrupt End to the Stock Market Rally
- Sega Prepares Console Comeback, And They’re About to Get Wrecked